10. No matter what they say, everyone likes football to a certain degree. Whether it's going to a high school game or cheering on your favorite NFL team, football is just a staple for all Americans. Even more than that, it's a fall staple. You know that summer has sadly ended when you see NFL commercials on the major networks.
9. Since I live in rural Pennsylvania, leaves changing colors is extremely evident in September and October. Though I don't consider myself a rural person (I can't wait to move to NYC), looking at the colorful landscape is always fun. The reds, oranges, and yellows make the wooded areas look like paint palettes. Plus, when they fall off the branches, it's fun to jump on them no matter how old you are.
8. Yes, I am sixteen years old, but I still really enjoy Halloween. Maybe it's because I love seeing my little cousins get all dressed up. Who can resist an "awww" when they see a three-year old dressed up as Princess Jasmine? I will admit right now that that person is not me. Giving out candy is fun too, and I love my "This Is My Halloween Costume" t-shirt.
7. Fall weather is pretty wonderful as well. You don't need to wear a coat yet, which by the way, I hate doing, but it doesn't get overly hot anymore either. You gotta love wearing sweaters, scarves, and boots too. Everyone loves boots, and if they don't, they're lying. I know that I love breaking out my fall closet somewhere halfway through September.
6. A fresh start is almost always a good thing, and I find that fall gives you just that. A new school year with new teachers and classes gives you a new opportunity to reinvent yourself. Of course, your handwriting and grades always seem to be better in the beginning of the year, which is a nice ego boost as well.
5. Though I love summer with all my heart, I love the fall and winter clothing way more. Sweaters are by far my favorite top because they're warm and cuddly... just like me :). Plus, there are all kinds of styles of sweaters to wear, and different stores have a ton of different styles. I love finding the perfect sweater, but I love wearing it even more.
4. We all know that I love Dancing with the Stars, and fall means a new season of my favorite show. Fall means sparkles and a huge ballroom in my book. Monday nights are suddenly way more important than they are during the summer, and though this sounds dorky, I look forward to every Monday in the season of fall.
3. More important than clothes or television is most definitely food, so next on my list is my wonderful mother's soup. Styled after the chicken and gnocchi soup from Olive Garden, this soup is the perfect cure for a cold or just the chill of fall. But honestly, it's our first line of defense against both germs and fall blues.
2. You may also know that I am a cuddler, and I love being able to snuggle up with a blanket in the chilly weather. Whereas summer can be entirely too hot even with the air conditioner, fall calls for a fluffy blanket and a cuddle buddy. Plus, fall means I can break out my heated blanket for my bed, which means that I will wake up toasty warm every morning.
1. Numero uno must be warm apple cider from Brown's, a local market in my area. Nothing makes me happier than heating up some cider and sipping on it despite the cold. I remember getting a "free sample" while my mom perused the store when I was a kid. It's way more flavorful than tea, and honestly, it just makes me happy.
Welcome to my blog! Read my posts for komments on food, movies, TV, music, books, fashion and stage all from the perspective of your average teenage girl!