10. Drew Barrymore is probably most known for ET and her slew of romantic comedies. To me, she's a great actress no matter what challenges she has had in her personal life. I would like to highlight her performance in 50 First Dates, the romantic comedy she starred in with Adam Sandler. I'm telling you, they're a match made in actor's heaven! In this particular film, Barrymore played Lucy, a woman who suffers short-term memory-loss. She's adorably clueless and fun to watch throughout the movie.
9. Newly-wed Angelina Jolie is next on my list. Honestly, this beautiful brunette can probably play any role you give her and knock your socks off. For my purposes, I'm going to talk about her recent role in Maleficent. I think she was a terrific character actress in the film, perfect parts evil and good. However, she has starred in various spy movies as well and has nailed pretty much every role.
8. We all know the glory of the Harry Potter series, and Emma Watson is obviously at the forefront of its success. She played the fabulously brainy Hermoine throughout all eight movies. She matured with the role flawlessly, and I loved seeing her literally grow up on screen. Plus, since the conclusion of the infamous series, she showed off more acting talent in The Perks of Being a Wallflower beside Logan Lerman.
7. Shailene Woodley, best known for The Fault in Our Stars and Divergent, is my number seven. I'm going to be honest, I liked the book better than the movie of TFIOS, but the movie story line was still very moving. Instead, I'm highlighting Woodley for her performance in Divergent. I thought she was stunning throughout the movie, and honestly, she is how I pictured Tris as I read the book trilogy.
6. Kristen Bell is such a woman crush it isn't even funny. Everything I see her in I absolutely love. After all she's the voice behind Gossip Girl and Anna from Frozen. Specifically, I loved her in When In Rome, a romantic comedy that she starred in with Josh Duhamel. Bell plays quirky art-lover, Beth, and she does so fantastically. Between banter with her many admirers and her own individual jokes, she's a master at comedy.
5. I think one of the best people alive is probably Jennifer Lawrence. From movies like Silver Linings Playbook to American Hustle, she's obviously super versatile. Of course, her performance in The Hunger Games takes the cake in my opinion. She brought and continues to bring the strength of Katniss Everdeen to life, and I doubt many other people could do the same.
4. I'm going to keep the Jennifer theme going by making Jennifer Hudson my number four. If you've ever seen the movie version of DreamGirls, you know exactly why I chose Hudson. Her portrayal of Effie White in this film was breath-taking and heart-breaking. In fact, it was Oscar-winning. Her song "And I Am Telling You" brings tears to my eyes every time I see the movie.
3. The wonderful Sandra Bullock is next. Of course, this woman has been in a million and a half excellent films such as Miss Congeniality, The Heat, Gravity, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and more. However, I think my favorite Bullock performance is The Blind Side. I saw a raw side of her in the motherly role, and I think she made the film. Sure Tim McGraw was great, but I think that Bullock stole the spotlight... in a good way of course.
2. Chloe Grace Moretz, who played Mia in the recent drama If I Stay, is number two. Though some critics were extremely harsh on this particular movie, I loved Moretz's performance. I thought she kept the story emotionally-tied and real in a way that not many people would have been able to. Her emotions were gritty in the best way, and I can't wait to see what project she signs onto next.
1. Number one has to be Melissa McCarthy for her performance in The Heat. I think that her commitment to her crass character in the film was amazing considering how demure and cute she is in real life. I think it's actually physically impossible to not laugh at her throughout the movie, and half of it is probably improved. She's basically the queen of all things funny.
Welcome to my blog! Read my posts for komments on food, movies, TV, music, books, fashion and stage all from the perspective of your average teenage girl!