10. Carrie Underwood tops this list, which by the way, you will probably find to be very diverse. The American Idol winner has definitely proven herself to be a country powerhouse over the years with multiple albums. Though I think she needs to stay in the strictly music realm (referencing her appearance in The Sound of Music Live!), I think her vocal talent in undeniable. Plus, "Before He Cheats" and "All American Girl" are my jam.
9. Colbie Caillat is number nine mainly because of her unique sound and her timeless hit entitled "Bubbly." No matter how many times you hear that song, you can't help but sing along and feel just plain happy. Also, her new song entitled "Try" was performed to by Dancing With The Stars couple Bethany Mota and Derek Hough in one of my favorite performances yet this season. Caillat performed live as they danced, and it was magical.
8. Superbowl performer Bruno Mars is my next pick. From wonderfully cheesy love songs like "Just The Way You Are" and "Treasure" to heart-breaking ballads like "When I Was Your Man," Mars is crazy versatile. As I mentioned briefly, Mars performed at the 2014 Superbowl with a Michael Jackson flare and a unique finesse. Despite a recent death rumor that spread like wild fire on the Internet (where else?), the singer is alive, well, and ready to make more music.
7. My childhood idol Hilary Duff had to steal a spot on my countdown considering she stole my heart at age eight. Sure, she was an adorable actress on Lizzie McGuire and Gossip Girl, but I think her true calling is music. With four studio albums and a fifth on the way, the songstress is full of inspiring lyrics and catchy tunes. I'm sure every girl in my generation can belt out the words to "What Dreams Are Made Of" even after all this time. By the way, check out her two newest singles entitled "Chasing the Sun" and "All About You."
6. We all know by now that I have a weakness for Adam Levine, which also leads to a weakness for Maroon 5. Yes, I'm well aware that the group's sound has changed dramatically since its debut album, Songs About Jane, but honestly, can we really expect a band to stay static through its entire career. Personally, I love some of the tunes off the newest album, V, despite negative comments, and I think that the group still has a long career ahead of it.
5. I'm still in love with the winner of the final season of X-Factor USA, Alex and Sierra. Since the pair has released its debut album entitled It's About Us, Alex and Sierra have received crazy love from the public. They hit number 8 on the charts and are thrilled about their success. I love the pair's unique sound and wonderful lyrics. Plus, I loved watching them and seeing their personalities throughout the course of the competition. Let me tell you, they are real, grateful people.
4. I know, I know. Many, many, many people will disagree with me on this one, and to be honest, I disagree with a lot of this boy's behavior of late. However, I cannot forgot the kid who sang "Baby" and "Somebody to Love." I think he really does have a true passion for music, but unfortunately, like many stars, he has lost his way. I have to admit, though, going to his concert (a part of his Believe Tour) was one of the best days of my life.
3. Lady Antebellum, otherwise known as the royalty of country in my humble opinion, snagged the number three spot. I think this group's biggest strength is lyrics. By far. I could listen to the trio's music all day every day just because of the meaningful words that they sing. In addition to that, though, the actual beats and tunes of the group's songs are amazing as well. Plus, after seeing Lady A in concert, I fell in love with the country group even more.
2. The boys of One Direction are my runner-up. Yes, I know that most people think of them as a dumb boy band, and honestly, for a long time, I was guilty of that too. However, once I started listening to the lyrics of the group's songs, I kind of fell in love with 1D's music. I think the lyrics surpass those of your average pop song, and I really do think that all five members have excellent voices.
1. Ariana Grande, the current queen of pop, is numero uno. Let me tell you, a whole lot of vocal talent comes out of a tiny body. From dance songs like "Problem" to ballads like "Just A Little Bit of Your Heart," the girl has got some serious chops. Her newest music video for "Love Me Harder" with the Weeknd is expected to come out soon, and I have no doubt that it will top the charts. I think Ariana will do great things in her career.
Welcome to my blog! Read my posts for komments on food, movies, TV, music, books, fashion and stage all from the perspective of your average teenage girl!