10. Since school starts tomorrow, I figured I would take a moment to reflect on my Top 10 Summer Moments. Starting off the countdown is the moment I finished my summer homework. I know, it's nerdy, but it was such a wonderful relief that it had to make my countdown. I had a lot to do this summer, so when I finished it in early August, I was so excited to have the rest of the summer to myself.
9. We all know that my dream school is NYU, so officially visiting the school is my next moment. Honestly, it was just as amazing as I thought it would be, and I loved being able to learn about all the ins and outs of the NYU's education system. I liked actually seeing the campus and getting to talk to someone who was in school there. Our tour guide was an actress from Maryland! Go figure! Just look at the picture, though; the campus is so ridiculously beautiful! I can only hope that purple flags may be in my future.
8. Since I am an aspiring journalist (hence this blog), getting my first paid article published was a big deal. I loved writing for Teen Voices, and I learned so much about journalism. Follow @TeenVoices on Twitter for more information about the amazing program, and read my lifeguard article through my "Other Works" tab!
7. Of course, going to the beach with my immediate family was awesome. This year, we actually took our puppies, so it was so much fun seeing them play in the sand. Our youngest dog, Kurly, even caught some sun with me in the picture to the right. What a beach babe. We went for my grandpa's birthday, and it was so great seeing him so surprised and happy.
6. Broadway, as I've mentioned before, is the most magical street on the face of the Earth, so seeing Les Mis is next on my list. The talent was so amazing that I cried probably more than I should have during the course of the show. We also had a talk-back with the cast afterwards, and I LOVED that experience.
5. I won't go into too much detail because I already talk about this way too much, but meeting the beautiful Sharna Burgess and the incredible Valentin Chmerkovskiy was definitely a moment to remember.
4. How could I forget that I started this blog this summer? Beginning Komments From Karly was one of the best decisions I've made, and I love being able to write and share my thoughts everyday. The blog is small right now, but I really do have huge goals for it!
3. This summer I was on national television, so my appearance on The Talk comes next in my countdown. It was a crazy awesome experience, and seeing my face on TV was insane! Plus, I got to talk to Julie Chen, who I have idolized for a long time!
2. Number two is kind of two moments. Number one is getting my car, Sally. We've bonded, and I love driving my beautiful 2000 Toyota Camry. The second moment is getting my driver's licence because that's kind a monumental moment in my lifetime. I don't think I'll ever forget how nervous I was or how happy I was to have it be over.
1. Number one on my countdown is going to Broadway Artists Alliance and specifically the moment after our industry showcase. I had been so hard on myself and nervous during the week, but after the showcase, it was over and I had accomplished something huge. I felt this overwhelming sense of pride, and I'm so happy that I participated in such a wonderful program and made a wonderful friend from Germany, Vicky!
Welcome to my blog! Read my posts for komments on food, movies, TV, music, books, fashion and stage all from the perspective of your average teenage girl!